I literally blew my own mind last night with this recipe!
I don’t know who to give the credit, the brand of wine I was drinking or the fact that my husband was out so I had the chance to cook dinner?!
After the third kind of meat I defrosted, I saw the Corn Flakes in our pantry…. And it just came to me!! “Deep fry the chicken in Corn Flakes!!!!”
So I took out the chicken fillets, defrosted them and cut them into 1.5cm slices, beat them with a hammer, dipped them into beaten eggs, then into the smashed corn flakes and voila!!!! Success!!!
Here are the golden nuggets of wisdom I learned last night :
- Make sure not to cut the chicken too thick otherwise it won’t cook through.
- This might not be the healthiest food for your toddler, but if he refers to it as cookies and finishes everything, then I would say it was a success!! Serve with their favorite veggies, then you will be able to live with yourself.
- Spice it.
- Don’t turn around for one second.
- The bottom of a big glass works best to smash the corn flakes!
What you’ll need :
- About 6 eggs
- Half a pack of Kellogs Corn Flakes. Maybe a little more…
- 6 deboned chicken fillets
- Salt, pepper (or whichever spice you prefer)
- A litre of cooking oil.