Cherry Jam Recipe
- Sharp Knife for Pipping
- Two large bowls
- Draining Bowl
- Smaller bowl for water
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- 4 cups Fresh Cherries
- 1 cup Sugar (One forth of the amount of cherries used)
- 2 pinches Salt
- 2 table spoon fulls Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pick or Buy the cherries! We were fortunate enough to visit family on their cherry farm and they blessed us with an abundance of A grade beauties.
- Pip your cherries :I used a sharp knife to halve them and remove the pips. Keep a bowl of warm water handy to rinse hands and prevent staining.
- Pour a glass of wine : This part is going to take a while!
- Add all ingredients to pan :Combine your pipped cherries, lemon juice, salt and sugar.
- Cook your cherries :Cook for about 30 minutes, frequently stirring and checking the consistency of your cherries.
- Test for readiness :Place a small amount of cherry jam on a cold surface. If it wrinkles when pushed to the side, your jam is ready.
- Bottle and Enjoy!Enjoy the fruit of your labour on toast, cheesecake or scones!